Friday 26 June 2009

Jeju United V Busan I Park Preview

Jeju United V Busan I Park - 3pm, Sunday 28th June 2009 (Jeju Athletics Stadium, Jeju City)

Jeju's top scorer from last season Homulo makes his return to the Island on Sunday as Jeju face Busan I Park in the K-League.

Homulo is likely to get a mixed reception from the home fans who were dazzled by his performance on the field last year but less so by his performance off it.

The K-League is exceptionally close this year. If Jeju can win they will leap frog their opponents in to within touching distance of the Play-Offs. After an impressive but unsuccessful performance at FC Seoul last weekend, Jeju will be confident.

Previous Meetings
Jeju and Busan have been equally matched over recent years and the results of their games reflect this with both sides having picked up two wins and two draws from the last six games.

29th October 2008 - Busan I Park 3-0 Jeju United
12th April 2008 - Jeju United 1-1 Busan I Park
14th October 2007 - Jeju United 1-0 Busan I Park
4th March 2007 - Busan I Park 0-1 Jeju United
5th November 2006 - Jeju United 0-1 Busan I Park
10th May 2006 - Busan I Park 0-0 Jeju United

Team News
Coach Arthur Bernardes will be able to pick virtually a first choice side for this game. Defender Kang Min Su may also make an appearance after having been injured for the last two months.

Keep an eye out for:
All eyes will be on Romulo (11) who was top scorer for Jeju last season. He is likely to feature at some point in the match even if he doesn't start.
Jung Sung Hoon (9) has scored five goals so far this season.
Defenders Kim Chang Soo (27) and Lee Gang Jin (7) were both involved with the most recent South Korea squad alongside attacker Yang Dong Hyun (18).

Bet365.com Odds
Jeju United - 13/10(2.30)
Draw - 2/1 (3.00)
Busan I Park - 19/10 (2.90)

No comments:

Post a Comment